Last night we got together for Indian food (not Native American) with some friends. I was able to watch the gal prepare most of the food. She kept it mild. Thank goodness because I don't do well with hot. She had me do a lot of the chopping. I didn't realize how much onion, shallots and garlic go into Indian dishes. The coconut mild apparently makes all the difference with all of its saturated fat. It ended up being really late when we ate. Like time to get the boys ready for bed. I'm surprised that they didn't complain about being hungry. We had some lamb meatballs in a curry sauce and chickpeas in another sauce, with some other tortilla like thing, and some Indian flat bread. Ben didn't enjoy the food. He ate the bread and tried one bean. Gavin actually liked the beans. He started feeding himself because I was too slow. Occasionally part of the pepper would end up on his bean and be too spicy for him. He still ate it and asked for rice with the sauce on it too. David thoroughly enjoyed it. He had seconds. I liked it also. Maybe some day when I have a bigger kitchen I will attempt to cook again.
1 comment:
i not big on indian food either! & if you're kids want gobs&gobs of cheerios, give it to 'em & feel good about cooking them what they liek;)
Post a Comment