Sunday, February 7, 2010

Deziree is 9 months






Deziree is turning 9 months old. I can believe how fast the time has gone. She is such a joy to have in our family. The boys love her very much. The first thing Gavin has to do in the morning is touch Deziree. He also loves to touch her when he needs to be comforted. (Who knew I would be replaced by Dez?)

She still loves her avocado to eat. She is starting to like rice, not the baby food rice but real rice! She also loves apple that I cut up in chunks and freeze it for her. I of course warm it up. She acts like she can't get enough of the apples. She also eats ritz crackers, graham crackers, fruit loops, baby food puffs, carrots, yams, peas, green beans, bread, and anything she can find on the floor.

Favorite places to hide out: under the table (If she decides she has had enough of her high chair, but not enough food, this is the place to score more food) in the bathroom (she really likes her baths), the boys room (it has lots of fun toys and no TV), and in the linen closet (a nice cubby hole).

I am able to crawl, feed myself, balance for a few seconds while standing, push a kitchen chair around, make the sign for more, babble, and sleep through the night (well we're still working on it a little bit, but she has gone about 4 nights in a row).

David taught Dez the sign for more. She got it right away. Last week while Dez and I were home, I gave her a graham cracker. She ate it then did the sign for more. Then on Sunday we got the sacrament and gave her a piece. She ate it and then promptly asked for more. Lately when she gets up in the morning she does the sign for more. I think she associates it with food.

All day yesterday Dez would crawl into the bathroom if the door was left open. She would crawl right to the tub. I think that she really wanted a bath. Last night David was giving the boys a bath. I let Dez go and she took off straight to the bathroom. I grabbed her again to undress her and let her down. She crawled to the bathroom yet again. I then had to wipe her bum. I didn't think the boys would want Dez's poopy bum in the bath. She then, for a third time, made her way to the bathroom (without a diaper this time). It was amazing how determined she was to get what she wanted.

Dez is loving her daddy more. She actually begs for David. When he goes to work, she cries a little bit. When he comes home from work she wants to give him a hug. I think that she gives David better hugs than her mom. We were watching a baby. David had the baby, and Dez cried and whined until she got her dad and I was holding the baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is a doll... I love that she puts her head on your shoulder and pats your back. We can't wait to meet her.