As some of you know David and I went to Mexico. It was like a second honeymoon for us. It was a good time to go. I'm not pregnant or nursing, so I don't have a child attached to me. We were there a week.
We went on a tour of Chiten Itza. While on the tour they took us to a Canote. It was basically a cave with water in it. I was amazed to find that there were fish swimming around in it.
They also took us to a tourist trap (place that sells lots of souvenirs) and to lunch. The food was alright. And the souvenirs were overpriced. They even were trying to sell us liquor with our picture on it. We did end up buying a cartouche with my name spelled in Mayan letters.Here are a few pictures of the pyramid.
This picture is of the arena that they would play their game of ball in. If you look there is a circle that is where they would have to hit a ball into, without using their hands. We also found out that the winners would be beheaded after the game.
This is a little Mayan girl. She came up to us selling little handkerchiefs that had embroidering on them
This is of some nun place.
A picture before we go out to eat. They had 7 restraunts to chose from. We ate at the Mexican on the first night and got to enjoy the Mariochi Band. David on the beach.
Tiff on the beach.
An abandoned building on the beach. It looked interesting so I took a few more photos of it. What we saw off the balcony.
We played a big game of checkers. I won when David started to loose and he gave up.We went on a boat tour through the lagoon, and snorkeling. I kept needing to stop and take the snorkel out of my mouth. I have an awful gag reflex. It was cool to see the reef and fish. David even got bit by one.
A scene of the lagoon.
A pirate ship. Arg! To get on we would have had to pay for dinner.
At the resort we had lots of fun. They usually had things to do. We played ping-pong (I usually lost in the first round), I read, we had virgin pinacoladas while laying out. Every evening they had some entertainment. We opted out a few nights because it wasn't very clean entertainment. One night they had some traditional Mexican games to play. I won a pair of earrings!It was a hard adjustment to come back home. But I did miss the kids. Thank goodness that my mom was able to take care of all three of them.
2 comments:
So much fun! I'm so glad you were able to go and have someone else watch the kids for you.
What a great vacation! It must have been nice to just get a way! Sounds like you guys had a good time. Tiffany- I love the swimsuit!
Post a Comment