Friday, May 9, 2008

Winning on eBay

For my birthday David got a Cricut cutter for me. I had looked at some cartridges and found one I liked. I decided to go on eBay to see if they had that cartridge. Low and behold they did. I decided that I would try to purchase the cartridge. I finally won one, but I lost many in the process. I felt like a failure for many days. It was an all encompassing and all consuming procedure. I didn't have to buy the cartridge this way, but I thought it was cheaper. Monetarily it was, but with my time, my sleep, and my time with my kids I paid the price. A few times I had a bid in when it ended in the middle of the night. I could not sleep, because I was thinking of how joyful it would be to wake up in the morning and see that I had won. I lost sleep over it and did not win. I wasn't paying attention to Ben and Gavin like I should have and playing with them. All my attention was concentrated on the computer and how much time was left on the bid. I lost many times on playing with my dear, sweet, funny, and creative children. I got it for less, but I also got a lot less time with my family. Next time I might just pay a little extra and have fun with my kids, and husband.

No comments: