Monday, July 14, 2008

My Kitchen Cupboards




Above my kitchen cupboards it has been bare, except for David putting food or something else up there. To me it was bare and ugly. I thought, I want to decorate, but I don't have any money to do what I want. I was recently at a friends house and she repainted, and put up stuff she already had. Now a few days later and thinking, now what do I have. I started going through boxes. I remembered dish cloths that my mom made for me. They're cute, but not really practical as a drying cloth. I found plates, bowls, and mugs I didn't remember having. And lots of glass stuff I have not used, but have kept for some odd reason. As I pulled out more stuff, I found more and more things to put above my cupboards. Now it looks pretty and more bearable to live hear a little bit longer. I now also have more space in my closet to use for food storage. I did not spend money on anything yet (there are a few things I want to get to complete that space), but I feel blessed for using what I already had, and not spending much money. My boys weren't too happy that my attention was elsewhere, but they survived. I still have some teaking to do, but it isn't an eyesore there anymore.

No comments: