Thursday, March 12, 2009

In my life today

Today I got to teach the coop preschool group that Ben is in. It has definitely been a crazy day. I was pretty much ready for the kids when they arrived. I just wasn't ready for Gavin to decide to use his brother as a tissue. I see Gavin pick his nose. He then came over to me and asked what "this is" pointing to his finger. I told him it was a booger and to wipe in in a tissue. next thing I know he has wiped it on Ben. And then he decides to stick his finger up his nose and wipe it on Ben again. Ben and Gavin ended up running around trying to wipe their boogers on each other. I tried to stop them, but at the same time I was laughing at them. I thought, wow typical boy behavior.

So with preschool in hand (1 5 year old, 4 4 year olds, and Gavin 2) we started. Thursday's seem to be a more rambunctious day than Tuesday's. With this being a Thursday I thought maybe having many activities to do the boys wouldn't be so crazy. It didn't help that if one said they didn't want to do the activity, all the rest chimed in saying they didn't want to do it too. We were talking about farms and the animals on it. I decided to let the kids crack a few eggs for fun. They had fun getting the egg all over their hands, and some ended up on the table. One boy almost cried because he didn't make it into the cake pan I had them crack into. I sent the boys to wash their hands. While in the bathroom, one boy decided to be crazy. Who gets hurt? Ben of course. While reading a book, I lost some of the boys attention, another boy knocked Ben over and decided to sit on his chest, in which Ben said hurt his back. Ben was at the end of a thrown toy, and again had a toy hit his hand very hard. Now this sounds like the kids are just beating up on my child, but they all love Ben and were fighting to sit by him today.

I had a hard time getting the boys attention today. Moving onto one activity to another was hard when I had to shout to get their attention. I had promised them that they could play in Ben's room if they could calm down and listen. Well it didn't happen. Ben has some toys that they absolutely love to play with, but because they couldn't listen, they had to stay in the living room and play with the toys I chose to bring out. None were too happy with my decision to not let them in Ben's room and to bring out some lame toys. One boy insisted that he didn't do anything, but often times he was the one to start the rowdiness. Of course I wasn't going to let one boy in the bedroom when they all collectively were just as bad.

Once they went home, I still felt I had a whole lot more ahead of me just getting lunch for Ben and Gavin. Gavin didn't want to decide what he wanted for lunch, he just wanted to stand in the fridge and play. Ben had some leftovers from last night, but it wasn't enough. I had to make him a sandwich after putting all the stuff away from making Gavin's sandwich.

I did have a little peace and quiet, while Gavin was down for a nap.

Now I am watching the boys fight. Gavin wants the chair Ben brought over so that he could sit by me. He almost knocked Ben off the chair by climbing underneath and lifting the chair with his legs.

The worst part is, today isn't over yet. David will be going to scouts tonight. Luckily he will bring one boy. I will then have to deal with the boy that is disappointed because he didn't get to go with daddy.

1 comment:

Brown said...

It sounds like your having all kinds of fun! Love Marice