Thursday, July 30, 2009

Como Zoo

I don't like traveling up to the cities by myself. I don't like being lost by myself. If I get lost with David, I'm okay. David took this week off, so we decided to make a trip up to the cities and go to the zoo. The boys enjoyed looking at most things. While we were in the prime ape house, we were looking at the gorillas and one charged at the window. This freaked Gavin out and he started to cry. Ben and Gavin on a metal turtle.

Ben looking at the sea lion swimming around.
The boys in front of the tiger's cage.


Gavin in front the giraffes



I think Gavin was looking at the zebras. He really enjoyed the zebras and didn't want to leave.
The only thing we really wanted to see that they didn't have was an elephant.
After we went to the zoo, we headed over to the Mall of America. We let the boys play with legos. The lego store has bins outside the store for kids to play with. There is a place to make a car and race it. There is a place for little kids and the duplo blocks, which the boys played with. After playing with legos we ate dinner at the food court. I have been wanting Panda Express for a long time. We don't have one here in Rochester, so we have to travel somewhere to get it. I really enjoyed the orange chicken. We splurged for happy meals at McDonald's for the boys. I was shocked to see that they ate mostly everything. I did however hide their toys until they were mostly done with their meal.
Deziree doesn't like traveling in the car. It seems as if she ends up crying all the time. I think part of it has to do with Gavin grabbing her and waking her up, or better yet screaming and shocking Deziree. Another part has to do with Deziree doesn't like her car seat at all. She ended up doing pretty well considering not liking travelling in the car.

1 comment:

Nicole Beck said...

Great Zoo Pictures! I'm so glad that David was able to take some time off to spend with you and the kids.