The other day we were on our way to the library. From the back seat we hear the blood curtling scream.There was Gavin crying and couldn't quite tell us what was wrong. He was so terrified of a fly that was on his window. Now this isn't the first time that he screamed like that. It often happens when he is playing in his room and spots a bug in there. I have to laugh because I will see a bug and say something. In the next few seconds both Ben and Gavin will have run in the bathroom to get toilet paper to grab the bug and squish it. I don't know why he is terrified at on moment and brave the next. He even whines if Ben takes care of the bug before he can.
I have found a movie that keeps Gavin entertained for a very long time. He doesn't bug Ben. He doesn't bug me. And he just sits there. It is Maisy based on the book by Lucy Cousins. The first time we got it from the library he loved it. We ended up returning the movie and couldn't find another one to replace it. We ended up getting Angelina Ballerina, and he knew it wasn't the same. Well on our next visit, Gavin found another Maisy movie. I think he has a sixth sense about finding Maisy.
Deziree never liked to sleep in her own bed. For a long time she wouldn't sleep unless I or David was holding her. Sleeping in my bed at night wasn't very convenient while she was on me. I have slowly gotten her to sleep somewhere else. Usually it was my bed. She doesn't like the lumpy pack and play. At night she liked body contact. It was difficult for me to get a restful sleep when she was taking up the part of my bed I sleep on. Finally we got the crib up. She sleeps in that so well. During the day I go in and lay her down. If she is ready for sleep she falls asleep without a peep, but if she isn't ready then she will start crying. At night it is hard to get her down, but when she falls asleep, she stays asleep for a long time. Last night she slept for 5 hours straight, ate, and the slept another 3. This morning I thought she was ready to get up. I fed her and she went back in bed. It has been another 3 hours. I think she is trying to catch up on sleep. I had a few extra kids her for most the day. She kept waking up.
processing
10 years ago
1 comment:
Hallelujah for a sleeping baby! Charlotte has recently made the switch from our bed to her own. Oh my goodness, it is so nice to get a good nights rest.
We will have to see if our library has the same video that Gavin loves.
I hope you put more pictures of Deziree on your blog soon (hint, hint).
Post a Comment