Sunday, December 13, 2009

One Nightmarish Week

This week was awful. Deziree was not sleeping well at night. She was waking up every two hours. This went on for several nights. She wanted to be held all day and cried every time I put her down so that I could use the bathroom. It wasn't very fun living with her this week. And to top it all off she has a nasty cough that would wake her up.

I was not getting enough sleep. When I don't get enough sleep, I am not very fun to live with. Ask Ben and Gavin. I think I made them cry on several occasions. The only way I felt I could entertain the boys while I laid down to try and get rest was to turn on the television. Which didn't work very well. The boys kept bugging me while I tried to sleep. They watched way too much TV this week.

We also got a TON of snow. I was too tired to try and get the boys out of the apartment. With all the snow outside I didn't want to go anywhere. We all went stir crazy in here. The boys had a lot of stored up energy and were bouncing off the walls. I finally took them out in the hall and they had races running up and down the hall. They ran up the stairs and down. Gavin ended up crawling too.

Thursday David came home from work and told me he is taking Friday off. Hallelujah! I decided that Deziree was relying on me to nurse her back to sleep. I was not going to do that anymore. Bless David's heart he got up with Deziree and was doing this pick up/put down (PU/PD) method I read about. She didn't like it at first. David was up with her over and hour doing that. The next time she got up it only took about 20 minutes to get her back to sleep. That was the worst night. The next night she went down around 9 and slept for 6 hours straight. It had been a long time since she has slept that long. I nursed her, but didn't let her fall asleep. It took her about 15 minutes to go back to sleep. All in all I feel like it is working.

I want to be able to move her into the boys room eventually. Right now she is sleeping in the living room.

1 comment:

Brown said...

I really feel for you Tiffany. It is hard to be a good mom when you don't get the sleep you need. I do the same thing when I don't get a good nights sleep. I end up being really short with the girls and then I feel really bad after. I guess It's all part of being a mom.