Sunday, April 4, 2010

Not our Weekend

This was not the best weekend. I thought the last few weeks were bad, but these last few days make me realize those days were not so bad. Friday Gavin woke up with throw-up in his bed. I thought somethings smelled odd in the boys bedroom when I checked on them in the night, but thought nothing of it. He proceeded to throw up a few more times that day. Yesterday he ended up with diarrhea but no throw up. Yeah?

Saturday wasn't too bad, except while David was at priesthood session I called him home because I felt like I was getting sick. I think I got another mastitis. We called around to residents in our ward seeing if one would be so kind enough to prescribe medicine for me instead of me having to go to the ER. We finally went to bed around 10:30 just to wake up an hour later to Ben throwing up.

Ben threw up many times that night. I am thankful that David was around this time to take care of the puke. I have and awful gag reflex. So when David is home it is his job. He even stayed in the living room with Ben to help Ben through the night. In which case Ben threw up several more times. He too ended up with diarrhea (and changing his underwear 3 times today).

I am thankful that we do have a washing machine for our use. Even if we have to pay money to do laundry.

I am grateful that David didn't have to work this weekend. (Quarter close + Easter = no work)

I am grateful for David taking care of us in our need.

I am grateful that it only hit one child at a time.

I am now hoping that it will pass Deziree up and we can get back to normal in the next few days.

I am grateful to know it can't get much worse than this. Does this mean that we are going to have some better days in our future?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have mastitis?? Thats awful, we will be thinking about you guys. Lots of loves and hope you all get better really soon! Can't wait to see you in just a few short weeks.