We ended up leaving Minnesota a week earlier than planned. David's mom turned for the worse, and we were worried that we wouldn't see her again. David talked to his manager and got her okay so that we could get to Utah quickly. David (I can take no credit in this feat) drove straight to Utah after working a full day. It took us about 22 hours with a few breaks to finally end up in Utah on Friday they 9th. Deziree was so excited to be out of the car after that long car ride. She decided that it was time to walk. She just enjoyed walking all over the place.
We ended up celebrating Kairlee's 51st birthday. Every one of David's siblings were there to help celebrate. That is when we took pictures of all the Graham Grandkids. The couch isn't quite big enough for all of them anymore.
We played with our friends the Carter's. Ben was so excited to play with Ian. Audrianna and Jonathan (not pictured. Didn't come when his mom called) had fun with the boys also. I sure do miss having that family here in Minnesota.
I got together with some of my friends. Cassidy and James, Emily, Ashley and Porter. We missed Kali and her clan, but she just had a baby the day before. I had to leave a bit earlier than I wanted. Ben and Gavin, and even Deziree had had enough.
So we went to Chris' to pick David up. Ben really wanted to see Chris' light sabers. The kids enjoyed waving it around.
Here are some of the Anderson cousins. We are missing about half the cousins.
We sure enjoyed our time out in Utah. It was a long drive home. David drove all the way again. We started out at night and drove through the night. It was nice to let the kids sleep, even if it was a fitful sleep. About noon the next day both David and I had had enough of the car. I was feeling sick, so David told me to take some Dramomine. Well that made me drowsy and didn't help in the upset stomach department. David told me he needed me to stay awake. I fought it as much as I could, but I seriously couldn't keep my eyes open. We decided that we would stop in Lincoln, Nebraska. We were lucky to get a room considering that there was a spring football game going on there.
The kids got to swim on the pool. David took them because he was functioning on no sleep better than I was on Dramomine. I was able to take a nap and to join them in the pool. David and Dez took a nap while the boys and I got a snack.
We finally made it back in one piece around 4:00 Sunday. David was a big help with unpacking. We got mostly everything put away.
Now we need our car washed, vacuumed, and an oil change.
1 comment:
It was so fun to see you and your kids. I'm so glad that I finally got to hold Deziree. You have sweet children.
Post a Comment