So last night Gavin got into the fridge (a common occurrence) and decided it would be fun to empty our water. He was pulling on the spigot and water was coming out. What fun! He was laughing so hard. He thought it was funny to see how fast mom or dad comes to stop him. I was angry at him. No matter how many times I pull him out of the fridge, tell him no, and give him a time out; he still gets back into the fridge. It makes me so frustrated when he won't listen. I wanted to be mad at him for a while, but of course I couldn't.
As David was getting Gav dressed for bed, Gavin was trying to get away from David. Gavin's arm was pulled a little too hard in the process and he started crying. No matter how much I moved his arm, he would still scream in pain. My nurturing came out, and I couldn't stay mad at Gavin. We gave him Tylenol hoping it would help with the pain. I think it lessened it, but didn't make it completely go away.
He was being such a ham. While I was holding him, David was making him laugh. I was holding his arm in place, whenever I let go, Gav would start crying, but I would grab his arm again, and he would just smile. Even when he hurts, he is still able to ham it up.
Too bad for Gavin his arm hurt all night long, any time he moved it at night, he would start crying. He stayed in to same position all night long. I would go in to comfort him, and he would fall asleep again. Many times I would get up and repeat comforting Gavin, until I was so exhausted that I couldn't get up any more. Many thanks to David who got up when I couldn't. This morning when Gavin got up, his arm still hurt. Miraculously he was healed after sitting on my lap and me feeding him. He has been fine all day long. I have not been fine, I have been tired.
We went outside and took some balls with. He was just fine carrying to ball. He had fun kicking it and throwing it too. I think he'll be just fine.
processing
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment