I'm working on very little sleep right now. Last night we had a thunderstorm. About 2 in the morning Gavin decided he didn't like the thunder. Each time he could hear it he would start to whimper. I finally ended up in the boys room touching Gavin to reassure him he was OK and everything would be fine. It took some time for him to get back into a deep sleep. I go back in my bedroom to sleep. I'm just about out, when I hear Ben yelling, "Mom, dad, mom, dad," until I come. All he wanted was for me to flip his pillow over and to fix his blankets. I did get a little more sleep, when I heard David turn the shower on at 6 this morning. He had an early meeting at work or else he would have taken a later shower. I drag myself out of bed so that I can get a shower in before David leaves.
About 9 today I'm out of energy. I can hardly keep my eyes open. Ben asks if he can watch a movie. So I get one on for him. Get both boys snacks, and I lay down on the couch for a short nap. Ben is pretty good about leaving me alone while I'm trying to nap, but Gavin can't leave me alone for even a half hour. 25 minutes into my nap, Gavin is bugging me for more fishies and water. So i get him his stuff, duct tape the fridge closed, and lay back down. Again he does something to wake me up. I look over and he has smashed his fishies and has scattered them all over the floor, not a big deal I vacuumed yesterday, but I can vacuum again. He then pushes buttons on the DVD player and the movie stops. Ben is upset, I'm upset, Gavin is in time out in his bed while I clean up the mess and get Ben's movie going again. Gavin does something else, I put him in time out. He says sorry and gets out, seconds later he is back in time out. I am furious with this kids. I can't look at him, I just put him in his bed, call David to tell him how frustrated I am and I cool down. I got to get Gavin and he has fallen asleep. I felt bad about not giving him lunch before his nap, but he is out of my hair for a while.
He is now up and fed. We will see how the rest of the day goes. David should be home in a few hours. Hopefully Gavin will listen and be a little bit nicer.
processing
10 years ago
1 comment:
i had the same thought about duct taping the fridge closed . . . i am sorry you are being forced into sleep deprivation, i remember those days all too well. hang in there. tash
Post a Comment