Ben and his gloves- Last year we bought some fleece mittens for the boys. So Ben had been using these mittens. We also have a pair of gloves that Ben has outgrown and has been handed down to Gavin. I think Ben was jealous of Gavin's gloves. Any way we broke down and bought Ben a pair of gloves. Not just any gloves, because he didn't like the pair that I picked out. There was a pair that had camouflage on it. Ben just had to have it because that day he was wearing his camo pants, and also inside his coat is lined with camo fabric. They just happened to match. We didn't even have the gloves a week before he lost one. He wanted his gloves to wear outside, but we didn't have both. I gave him the option for the mittens, but he doesn't like mittens anymore. He went without rather than keeping his hands warm. I had to go to the store to get some stuff. I decided it was a good time to look for another set of gloves that were exactly the same. I looked in the little boys section and found one glove, not the set. I walked around Wal-mart quite a bit, gathering the stuff I needed, but also in hopes that they had another spot they had the gloves. I was in luck. I picked Ben up at preschool and had a new set of gloves for him.
Gavin's stubbornness and boredom- This child is smart. If he wants something, he will figure out a way to get it. Not by asking me, but by himself. He will get a drink all by himself. We keep water in the fridge in a container with a spigot. Gavin likes to pull on the spigot and let the water run out. Sometimes it ends up in his cup, other times it ends up on the floor or in the bottom of the fridge.
When Gavin is hungry or board he likes to play in the fridge. He will pull stuff out and rearrange it. He likes to turn the light on and off. He also likes to point at the food and say what it is.
Recently I pieced together a quilt, and then quilted on it too. I left my sewing machine out while I hand quilted, because I knew once I was done quilting, I would be using my sewing machine again. The day I went to put the binding on I noticed Gavin had gotten to my machine. He had taken out the bobbin case and everything else that holds the bobbin case in. I realized this too late to give him a time out. I wasn't sure how to get everything back in, but it looked like it was made to come out. As I was talking to my mom later, she said that sometimes she takes that out to clean. Luckily I was able to get those pieces back in.
Here is a picture of the quilt. It turned out brighter than I wanted.
Whenever I pull something out to do, Gavin wants to do it too. It is hard to explain to a 2 year old that mamma's stuff is not to be touched by him. I put away my sewing machine and serger, and get out my cricut. He wants to touch and push the button. He went into my room and got out some of my accessories for the cricut. He knew exactly what I be pulling out later and brought it too me.
I feel as if I need to stay ahead of Gavin and keep him out of things. He ends up showing me up. Since we rent, I don't feel as if I can put child locks on much of anything. I end up using duct tape. Gavin with him constantly in the fridge, I ended up putting duct tape on that. I watched as he reached up and just ripped the tape off. Well that didn't work. One day he was getting into the entertainment center. I keep movies in there, all the electronics are also in there. I put duct tape on there. It worked for a while, but he figured out how to rip off the tape. Smart kid.
Ben and Gavin and getting dressed. Ben is old enough and able to get dressed by himself, but he really doesn't like to. Some mornings it takes him and hour or more before he will get dressed. I will even lay out clothes for him, leaving out the extra time it takes him to chose his clothes. He gets distracted very easily. If the TV is on, he will want to watch that instead of getting dressed. Gavin on the other hand obeys my quickly. He likes picking out his clothes. He likes getting undressed himself and will pitch a fit if I help in the slightest. He also can get dressed by himself. It is funny to watch him pull up his pants. (I will have to take video of him getting dressed and post it later)
2 comments:
Here is an idea (I feel your pain with the refrigerator), try a bungee cord. Call Kenny if you need more direction!!!
Kids...never! Sorry, but the new little one won't be having any cousins his age from Joe and I... you will have to talk to the other siblings (preferably only Stella and Amanda). When are you due? We miss you guys... we wish you were home for the holidays!
Post a Comment