Sunday, November 8, 2009

Book Review, and how my family held up while being ignored

I have been waiting forever for the latest Robert Jordan book to come out. About a year ago I was wondering what was taking so long for it to come out. I went on the Internet and found out that he had passed away. I thought is that the end of the Wheel of Times series, will I never know what happens to Rand, Mat, Perrin and all the other characters? After research, I found that the had all the notes that Jordan had left, and announced that the were going to have a different writer take over. I am usually prejudice when someone adds more to a book. I will not pick it up. But because the book was outlined, just filled in by another writer, I decided to read the book.

I got the book in the mail Tuesday. I only got through the prologue that night. For the next several days I have been reading whenever Deziree was nursing or down for her nap and when David was home to entertain the kids. They boys watched movies while Dez was asleep, so that I didn't have to entertain them.

All in all, they survived. I did feed them lunch and a snack, so they didn't starve. Gavin got his diaper changed when he was stinky. Ben even got some reading lessons which I really didn't want to fight him to do.

I can't say that I abandoned my children all the way, but they did receive less attention from me.

No comments: