I was thinking the other day, life would be so much easier without children.
I could sew what I wanted and when I wanted to, but most of what I sew is for my kids.
I could have fun scrap booking when I wanted to, but I would have very few pictures to scrapbook because I scrapbook for my kids.
My place would remain clean and quiet, but then I would never hear their laughs and enjoy making a mess while playing with them.
When I decided to go somewhere, I could just walk out the door. But where is the fun in putting shoes and socks on every ones feet, making sure they have jackets on, and trying to get everyone out the door?
I would miss out on their curiosity. I would miss that laughter that helps me to remember the joy I have with them. I would miss; that first smile, the first laugh that feeling of having a small baby snuggle while sleeping, everything else that comes from parenthood.
I am grateful for my kids. Being a mom is not always easy, and definitely no glamorous, but it is what I love. I am thankful for the easy times and the not so easy times. I am grateful when they listen and help. I am grateful for these kids that Heavenly Father sent me. I can't imagine my life without them. They are now a part of me.
2 comments:
Ditto... so perfectly said.
Beautifully written. Have a great Thanksgiving with those sweet kids.
Post a Comment