Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sewing


I have been sewing a lot lately. I have actually been enjoying it. Usually I will do one or two projects and then move onto something else. I have basically left my sewing machine out since we moved. Well it also helps that I have no where to put it except to leave it out. My first project since moving was those curtains behind me in the picture. 
One day I was frustrated with my kids. David came home and literally sent me to my room. There I toyed around with ideas of what to make with this polka dot fabric.

 I made my pattern almost from scratch. I did use a shirt pattern for the top part, and the sleeves. I am pleased that it turned out so well.
I just finished this apron that my sister Tanya designed. I was really excited when she shared her pattern with me. I went to the fabric store about a month ago for this fabric. Now that Halloween is over, I had time to sew this up. It wasn't easy with a little helper who knows how to turn off and on my machine. She would just grin thinking that she was helping me. Thanks Tanya for sharing your pattern!

Here is the link to my sisters Etsy store.

2 comments:

Brown said...

I'm glade to hear I'm not the only one who has been sent to there room. Jonathan did it to me two times after Alicia was born. I have a hard time asking for help and he knows it. He sent me to my room till I felted better and it really helped. by the way good job on the dress!

Nicole Beck said...

Super cute! You are very talented. I can't wait to see a post about some news I heard recently involving UTAH!!!!!