Thursday, June 26, 2008

Going to the store

I went grocery shopping with my kids. I normally am able to drag my husband along and we are able to contain the two of them together. Me being all by myself was HARD. We walked in Target and the first thing Ben saw was one of those monstrous carts for two kids. I really don't like pushing them, but I was able to strap both in and not have to chase either of them. The downside of it was that Gavin did not like Ben's legs where they were. He kept on screaming and pushing Ben's legs. Then both wanted to hold something. They wanted to check out the toys. No problem except it had already put cold stuff in the cart, so I didn't want to stay too long. We got to the toys and looked for a little while, but Ben had to use the bathroom. What frustrated me the most about that we I asked him about 5 or more times before we left to use the bathroom. He wanted to go back to the toys, but my cold stuff was getting warm and we had some more shopping to do. They hopped back in the cart. I buckled Gavin halfway in and he tried doing the rest which he ended up pinching his finger. He also hit Ben a few times. So I end up pushing two crying boys in the store. My patience has had it by then. We check out and get out to the car, where I still have to fit the food in the trunk. They didn't listen to me to stay in the cart until I was done. Ben wouldn't sit down in his seat and I accidentally hurt him while forcing him in his car seat. We get home and they don't go on the sidewalk like I asked ever so kindly. I was ready to put them in time out. We got to our apartment and they went directly in there beds while I got the rest of the groceries. I get so frustrated when I ask several times for them to do something and they will not listen. I really don't like to yell, but that is sometimes the only way I can get their attention. I guess one day they will have children, and then they can experience these same frustrations until then I'm sure I will have more frustrations and yelling.

No comments: