Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Park Days

My ward, during the summer, has what they call park days. A different park around town is chosen and we go there and meet other mothers and kids there once a week. I go for the social interaction. I am in the primary and I really don't get to talk to other mothers all that often. We were one of the first to arrive. So I played with Ben and Gavin for a while. When it started to get more crowded with kids, I decided I shouldn't be climbing on the equipment anymore. That is when my shadows started. Yes shadow's menaing I have two little kids who did not want to leave my side. Even going to the park they need to be entertained by me. I thought the park would be my down time, but it doesn't always work out to be. Finally, people started to leave, and my shadows got off my lap and started playing. By this time we had gone through the snack I brought and all the water too (half being dumped on my lap by Gavin). Well naturally since they were away from me then we couldn't leave. They were playing with friends. Yeah!!! We went down the slide one final time. Yes I went too. Ben had a mishap that final time. I tried to catch him, but he had fallen and hurt his wrist for a while. I guess we're done with park days until next week. Hopefully it will go better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff! Your park days sound nice. Maybe my ward should try that. I like reading your blog, I like to hear about what other mothers are up to. It makes me feel normal, and like I am part of a larger community. Talk to you soon!