Yesterday I decided it was time to potty train Gavin. I have been trying to talk it up, but he was really resilient to the idea. Anytime I tried taking his pants or diaper off, he would just scream no at me. I had to find another approach. I was determined that he was going to start his training. We got a sticker chart out. I had prizes for him to go pee for. I also pumped him full of liquids. Anything he would drink would help. He finally decided that he was ready. Each time he went pee, he got to chose a sticker out and put it on his chart. He was also excited to dump the pee out of his potty chair. He was determined to go pee anytime I put him on his chair. He would sit there for 20 minutes before going. I told him that he didn't have to stay on there, he could try a little bit later. He went 12 times yesterday. A few of those times was him saying that he needed to go and he took the initiative and did it himself. I am so proud of him trying and succeeding.
No comments:
Post a Comment