Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Deziree

Dear Deziree,

I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I feel like a blinked and you were walking. It wasn't an easy start for us. You didn't like sleeping on your back at all. Either mommy or daddy would sleep on the couch with you at night. It didn't matter if you were dead asleep, and we put you in your car seat to sleep, you would wake up after five minutes. It was really frustrating to your parents. Breakthrough came when I laid you down on the floor and you fell asleep. I didn't dare move you. I also had to protect you from you brothers. It took me a while longer to get you in a good habit of sleeping in your own bed.

How I loved seeing your first smile. It made me feel so good. It made me feel like I was doing something right and good by giving you life.

This year hasn't been easy giving up milk and cheese. I have even had to cut out chocolate to make sure that you didn't get any rashes from my milk. I decided that it was worth more to me to have a happy baby than having to food I want. I did slip up sometimes. When grandpa sent chocolates for me, I had a very hard time resisting. Then came your crankiness. I then remembered why I had given up chocolate. It was because I love you so much.

It was fun to see you go through the different stages of being not being able to crawl to being able to move. You watched other kids do it. You then tried moving your arms and legs, but you didn't have the strength to do it yet. Now you can walk all over the place.

I have loved being your mother. I am looking forward to another year with you.

Love Mom

No comments: